Monday, February 23, 2009

My first Skirt


Hi, this is still Katie! Along with quilting, I'm also starting to learn how to sew simple clothing. I know for you experts this is not a big deal. But for a girl who refused to sew growing up, this is huge. I took a class at Sew to Speak, a local fabric store in Columbus, OH (I suggest you crafters find this place, it has a lot of fun and colorful fabrics....luckily it's just down the road from where I live). This class taught us how to create our own pattern and sew a simple A-line skirt from that pattern (lining and zipper also). It was a great class, and I think for my first skirt ever this is pretty good. There are some imperfections with this one, but I'm sure I will get better with time. I'm still going to wear it, flaws and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment